RoRo Shipping for Vehicle Transportation Worldwide with CSI
As a specialized RoRo carrier and cargo freight forwarder to various destinations, Cargo Shipping International (CSI) has been a reliable partner for RoRo shipping for years. Our RoRo shipment services are part of our ocean shipping and transport services. Our expertise and experience enable us to provide tailor-made solutions, support, and service, focusing on cost-effective solutions, transparency, and knowledge sharing.
What is RoRo Shipping?
RoRo-shipping is a term used to describe cargo driven on and off a shipping vessel independently, without being lifted on board. RoRo freight typically includes machinery or vehicles with large dimensions and heavyweights, such as trucks, buses, passenger cars, and motorcycles.
Advantages of Vehicle Transport via RoRo Shipping
CSI recommends RoRo shipping for vehicle transport as it has several advantages, including:
- Minimal Risk of Damage: RoRo freight is driven on and off the vessel, reducing the risk of damage during loading and unloading.
- Fast Loading and Unloading: The process takes little time.
- Cost-Efficient: The price of RoRo shipping is generally cheaper compared to FCL or LCL shipments.
Characteristic RoRo Freight
RoRo freight is cargo on wheels or self-propelled and towable, including:
- Vans & other recreational vehicles
- Trucks and other heavyweight vehicles
RoRo Shipping Procedure
- RoRo freight will be delivered at its origination port, either in person or by arranged transportation from your location.
- The freight will be driven onto the cargo vessel and firmly lashed and secured.
- A shipping professional will move the freight off the ship once the ship has arrived at the destination port and custom work is done.
- From there, it will either be picked up in person, or there is an arrangement to move it to the final destination.
CSI RoRo Shipping Services
CSI provides a full-service experience, providing a reliable, seamless process for a safe and successful end-to-end delivery. Our services include:
- Customs clearance documentation service and assistance
- RDW documentation like indemnification and export declaration
- Custom export documents
- Bill of lading
- Sea waybills
- Letters of credit
- EUR 1 certificates, etc.
- Import duties, vat assistance
- Organize door-to-door transport
- Competitive Pricing
- Full tailor-made transport insurance
Get in Touch
At CSI, we provide a tailor-made quote free of charge. Contact us today for your RoRo shipping needs.