Maximizing Your Global Shipment Processes with Full Container Load (FCL) Services
As a business that requires frequent shipments, you need to know the most efficient and cost-effective way to move your goods around the world. Full Container Load (FCL) is one of the most common services in today’s global shipment processes and ocean freight. In this article, we will explore FCL services and their advantages.
WHAT IS FULL CONTAINER LOAD (FCL)?
A Full Container Load refers to a situation where a business or individual is the sole consignee of a container. This type of shipment is cost-effective for larger volumes of goods since the shipment is charged based on the rates per container instead of m3 for Less than Container Load (LCL). An FCL is only viable if you have a large volume requirement to ship your cargo and your goods are fragile or prone to damage.
ADVANTAGES OF FULL CONTAINER LOAD (FCL)
FCL services provide several advantages to businesses, such as:
- Flat Rate Pricing: With an FCL, there is a flat rate applied to your entire shipment, making it easier to budget for your logistics costs.
- Lesser Transits: FCLs are highly cost and time-effective than air frights and LCLs due to lesser transits.
- Higher Security: Since the cargo undergoes single handling, FCLs minimize the chances of damage to the shipment.
- Tracking: FCL shipments can be tracked directly from our online portal.
- Cost-Effective: FCL shipments are cheaper than LCL shipments for larger volumes of goods.
DISADVANTAGES OF FULL CONTAINER LOAD (FCL)
While FCL services provide significant benefits, there are some disadvantages to consider:
- Higher Volume Requirement: FCLs are only cost-effective if the shipment is more than 15 cubic meters in a 20′ GP container.
- Labor-Intensive Process: FCL shipments require a labor-intensive process to unload and unpack the container, so businesses choosing FCL should account for these costs before making the logistical decision.
CSI’s Full Container Load (FCL) Services
CSI is a reliable and experienced logistics partner for FCL shipments. Our FCL services are unique because we adhere to fixed scheduling, provide economies of scale to businesses and industries, and combine our broad portfolio for shipment visibility and customer resources. Our team can provide you with the best advice on your container transportation needs, including warehousing and cargo consolidation, customs clearance, and documentation.
Get in touch with CSI today for further details and to request a quote. We are here to help you maximize your global shipment processes.